Updated Visitor Restrictions
Sarah Bush Lincoln has issued temporary visitor restrictions as we do each flu season.
- Visitors under the age of 16 are restricted (unless they are the parent of a hospitalized child). Visitors must be at least 18 years old to accompany someone who is having surgery.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient at any one time.
- Please do not visit if you have a cough, cold, fever or respiratory issues.
- Visits to patients in isolation for influenza are limited to persons who are necessary for the patient’s emotional well-being and care.
- Masking in patient care areas is NOT required, but masks are available at the entrances for people who want to wear one or are experiencing respiratory issues.
- Visitors with confirmed Covid or compatible symptoms should defer non-urgent in-person visitation.
- Employees should continue to report any illness or positive Covid test to employee health and work with them to determine safe return to work.
- Testing asymptomatic patients prior to admission from the ED or post-operatively will no longer be required. Covid testing should still be performed on patients with symptoms consistent with Covid and considered if the patient has had a recent, significant exposure.
*Except COVID-19 patients.
Critical Care Unit (CCU)
- A support person is permitted to remain with the patient at all times.
- Two visitors at a time can visit between 8:30 am and 8:30 pm.
- Visitors under the age of 14 must have visits pre-arranged with the CCU staff.
- Instructions for entering CCU to visit are posted by the telephone at the CCU entrance.
- Visiting hours are 6 to 8 pm, Monday through Friday
- 2 to 4 pm and 6 to 8 pm Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
- Two visitors are allowed to visit at a time.
- For safety reasons, all visitors are checked in by Security before entering the unit.
Women and Children’s Center (2 West)
(Obstetrics, Gynecology and Pediatrics)
- A support person is permitted to remain with the patient.
- Siblings of the newborn are allowed to visit under direct supervision of an adult; this adult cannot be the patient.
- Two visitors (at least age 18) at a time are allowed in the pre-operative and post-operative areas.
Our primary responsibility is to the health of our patients. Visitors are encouraged to be sensitive to the needs of our patients by keeping visits short and being considerate of the condition, treatment and recuperation activities of all of our patients.
All entrances to the Health Center, except at the Emergency Department, are locked at night and require a staff badge swipe or staff keypad access number for entry. See the door signage for specific times. Visitors in the building after 8:30 pm, or those who have permission to spend the night, will be required to have or wear an identification sticker issued by Security. The sticker is color-coded to the particular unit they will be on and will include the visitor’s name and patient room number.
No animals or pets, other than service animals for individuals with disabilities, are allowed.
Visiting privileges can be restricted by the Health Center and doctors at any time it is deemed necessary. If visitors become disruptive, Security and supervisory staff will take measures up to and including asking a visitor to leave and/or involving law enforcement authorities.
When visiting patients, use Parking Lot P2 in front of the Health Center. Access patient rooms by entering Entrance B and use Elevator B.
Discounted Hotel Rooms
Patients and their families can get discounted prices on local hotels during a stay with Sarah Bush Lincoln. When making the reservation, the guest will need to let the staff know they are here because of a stay with Sarah Bush Lincoln, either patient or family, to receive discounted room cost.
Unique Suites - $67.50 plus tax (If there is something big going on at EIU, this rate may not be honored.)
920 West Lincoln, Charleston, IL 61920
Holiday Inn Express - $83 plus tax
121 Swords Drive, Mattoon, IL 61938
Sending Mail or Cards
Mail may be sent to Sarah Bush Lincoln patients addressed as:
[Patient's Full Name]
c/o Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center
1000 Health Center Drive
P.O. Box 372
Mattoon, IL 61938
Using the patient's home address as the return address on the mailing envelope will make forwarding mail easy in the event that they have been discharged.
You may also send an eCard.
Phoning a Patient?
Patients may place outgoing calls 24 hours a day. To avoid interrupting their rest, they may receive calls between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. daily. An operator will direct incoming calls to the nursing unit if they are made outside of these hours. Calls can be made directly on a touch-tone phone by dialing either 217-258-2525. A recorded message instructs you to press 4, and then enter the three-digit room number. If you do not have a touch-tone phone or do not know the room number, an operator is always available to assist.
Security and Parking
Hospital security officers are on duty after regular business hours and are available to escort visitors to their cars during non-daylight hours, so don’t hesitate to ask for help. To reach a security officer, call the Operator on one of our in-house phones. Parking in well-lit lots is provided for visitors in the two main parking lots in front of the Health Center, as well as on the west side of the building near the Emergency Department entrance.
We offer free valet parking for patients and visitors at Entrance A. Vehicles will be parked by the valet between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. - Monday through Friday and will be retrieved 24 hours a day.
Cafeteria - The Basement Bistro
Visitors are welcome at The Basement Bistro located on the ground level.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m.
- Lunch from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner from 4:30 to 7 p.m.
The vending area near the Emergency Department Lobby is open 24 hours a day and offers a variety of snacks and beverages. A microwave is also available. There is also vending machines in the Surgery Center, and on the second and fourth floors.
Smoking is prohibited in the Health Center and on the property. Visitors are not allowed to smoke in patients’ rooms or in any part of the Health Center.
The Gift Shop
The Gift Shop is located near the Main Lobby (Entrance A). A variety of merchandise, including greeting cards, jewelry, gift items, fresh flowers, candy, balloons and magazines is available for your convenience. Visa and Mastercard are accepted. The Gift Shop hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Shopping by phone is available by calling 217 258-2168.
SBL Home Medical Equipment, Mattoon, Effingham and Vandalia
SBL Home Medical Equipment is a durable medical equipment company that rents and sells medical equipment that helps people maintain their independence in the comfort of their own homes.
Automatic Teller Machine
Provided by First Mid-Illinois Bank & Trust
Located in the hallway between the Main Lobby (Entrance A) and the Emergency Department near the restrooms.
Patricia A. Jenkins Medical Library
The library provides information to patients and their families about their illnesses. Telephone numbers and addresses of agencies to contact about specific diseases are also available. A professional library staff assists its customers in locating information. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call ext. 2262.
Sarah Bush Lincoln Prairie Medical Pharmacy
The Prairie Medical Pharmacy is a full-service outpatient pharmacy that offers quick, convenient service and competitive pricing. The pharmacy is located right off the Health Center’s Main Lobby (Entrance A) - handy for patients being discharged or those visiting their physicians on the west side of the building. Pharmacy hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Call (217) 258-2411 for more information.
Getting your prescription filled at Prairie Medical Pharmacy has never been easier or more convenient.
• No extra trips to pick up medications.
• No long delays at the pharmacy
New Services Offered
Do you have questions about your new medications?
Before leaving Sarah Bush Lincoln, a licensed pharmacist will come to your room to review all your medications with you and answer any questions you might have.
First Fill Program
Save yourself a trip to the pharmacy on the way home from the hospital and get your new medications filled before you leave the hospital with our new First Fill Program. At Prairie Medical Pharmacy we will fill your new medications and deliver them to your hospital room before you are discharged.
Co-pay Assistance/Low-Cost Preferred Medications
Medications can be expensive, and some insurance formularies won’t cover them. Prairie Medical Pharmacy will work with you to help you pay for your medications through prescription drug assistance programs with manufacturing companies and local and area organizations.
Curbside Prescription Pickup
Prairie Medical Pharmacy offers curbside pickup at SBL Entrance F. You will need to call 217-238-6270 in advance, and upon arrival, your prescriptions will be delivered to your car at the canopied enbtrance.
We have also developed a new Low-Cost Medication list. Check with the pharmacy to see if your medications are on the list.
If you need a vaccine, Prairie Medical Pharmacy can provide it at a competitive price. We will be offering vaccines including:
Prairie Medical Pharmacy will deliver medications right to your door in Mattoon/Charleston - next day only. Call Prairie Medical Pharmacy to request your refill at 217-258-2411.
8:30 am to 5 pm – Monday through Friday
As an added plus, we'll work with your Sarah Bush Lincoln doctor to keep track of all your medications so that you can be provided with a personalized medication list.
For more information, speak with one of our clinical pharmacists by calling Prairie Medical Pharmacy at (217) 238-2411.
Nurse Staffing Information
The public has the right to access nurse staffing information. The request may be made at any time by calling the general hospital number at (217) 258-2525 and requesting to speak to the Nursing Supervisor.